We’re recruiting – Executive sought based in Birmingham office
Job Description – Corporate Finance Executive
Assay Corporate Finance is a leading boutique M&A adviser looking after the corporate finance and advisory needs of a diversified portfolio of high-profile UK and international clients. With offices in Birmingham and London and being the UK member firm of the international M&A network IMAP, Assay offers SME business owners an unrivalled access to both domestic and international markets.
Assay Corporate Finance is the partner firm responsible for the execution of transactions arising from the equity strategy advice provided by Assay Advisory. We bring together an international team whose experience in business, and as managers, CEOs and entrepreneurs, is complemented by their range of specialist skills in management consulting, business coaching, corporate finance, business sales and raising capital.
We combine this hands-on experience of what it means to own and run a business with a ground-breaking approach to managing the process of maximising equity value for middle market business owners. Our approach puts the aspirations and concerns of these owners at the heart of our process.
Our focus is on delivering a client service based on our understanding of how it feels to run your own business.
Corporate Finance Executive Role
An exciting role has arisen in our Birmingham office for an Executive to join the team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual who will play a crucial role in supporting live transactions from the off, reporting directly to the Directors and Partners. The role will involve supporting both offices and as such will involve regular travel to London.
Your key responsibilities will include: -
- Coordinating and executing processes in order to progress deals and projects;
- Assisting in the preparation of marketing pitchbooks and related materials;
- Researching markets, companies and transactions in relation to pitches and current projects;
- Analysing financial data, company performance and building company forecast models;
- Responding to partner firms requests for information and assistance;
- Drafting marketing documents such as Confidential Information Memorandums;
- Communicating with clients, buyers, targets and partners to keep all relevant parties updated on current progress and fulfill information requests;
- Contacting relevant parties to market investment, acquisition and selling opportunities;
- Managing due diligence processes, working with clients, legal teams and buyers teams to respond to questions and maintaining the data room;
- Attending events for networking, industry research and lead generation purposes;
- Producing and maintaining various databases.
Key personal and professional qualities we are looking for include:
- A minimum of 3 years post degree work experience gained in a professional services firm, boutique advisory, bank or from an FP&A role in industry;
- Relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CFA) preferred but not essential;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with a strong sense for detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint essential;
- Ability to articulate and explain in a concise manner;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Ability to work on multiple varied projects simultaneously;
- A desire to be challenged, learn new skills and advance within an entrepreneurial and team environment;
- Proactive, autonomous, reliable and organised;
- Open-minded team player;
- Flexible, “hands-on” mentality;
- Resourceful and motivated self-starter;
- Ability and motivation to actively develop own personal network.
In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on mandates undertaken by Assay’s sister business, Jasper Private Equity, which seeks to take majority stakes in SME businesses. After the completion of a probationary period the successful candidate will also be invited to co-invest in future investments.
The successful candidate will find themselves part of a supportive team with opportunity to grow and progress through the business, benefitting from a competitive salary and 25 days paid annual leave (excl bank holidays).
Upon successful application, the interview process will form two parts. The first of which will be an introduction to the business and the role. If invited to attend the second interview, you will be asked to prepare a short presentation concerning a relevant M&A subject along with a 2-page analysis of a company/sector.
Please email Chris Taylor at email@example.com with a copy of your CV and brief covering letter outlining your interest in this role.